|Howdy ... Welcome to the Mother Lode!
Enjoy a fun, authentic, tour in Amador County, one hour east of Sacramento on Highway 49, in the Heart of the Gold Rush Mother Lode.
Your personal guide is Gabby, a retired teacher with many years of local and regional history to share with you.
During your tour, you'll do some of the following - depending on your interest and availability:
- Visit historic wineries to hear how old-timey families brought wine grapes to Amador County years ago, and enjoy sampling some of the best wine in the region
- Pan for gold and take home a sample that you discover
- Learn about the formation of The Sierra Nevada and why gold is found in California
- Learn about Early California, Gold Rush and Pioneer history
- Tour one or more local cemeteries and hear the stories of early residents
- Visit the engineering marvel of the The Kennedy Mine Tailing Wheels
- Tour the Native American village of Indian Grinding Rock
- Walking tours of the Gold Rush towns of Sutter Creek or Jackson
- Gain insight into local plants, trees, wildlife and geology of the region